Tuesday, September 1, 2015

It's Time To Say Yes To Jesus!

She was sitting on a curb all alone. I was headed towards a street where I knew I could give out some Bibles and other materials to some people who really needed them.  I had distributed some New Testaments earlier today and was eager to distribute more.  I happened to look over and there she was, all alone....I drove over to her and grabbed some materials along with a Bible but before I could shut my car door, she said, "You're the pastor from the church on Johnson St.  I'm doing worse than ******. (A guy Connie and I are helping)  I'm sleeping in abandoned houses.  I'm a woman, it's worse for a woman."  I sat down on the curb with her and she told me how bad she was doing.  I listened to her and there was a desperation in her voice as she said she has tried to get help and she can't get any help from anywhere....she said she couldn't get any lower.

I began to tell her that the devil had her right where he wanted her, desperate and hopeless...But she couldn't be in a better place to experience the Life Changing Power of Jesus Christ if she would choose to accept Him as Lord and Savior.  I explained that the programs she is looking into to help her cannot deal with the "Sin Problem" that lives inside of her.  I explained that she had to come to Jesus believing with the faith that God has given each one of us and choose the truth!  choose Jesus!

She cried while I talked to her about the power of God to change her life.  His love for her and how the devil could not stop her from coming to Jesus.  After lifting Jesus higher to her, I asked her if she would like to accept Jesus into her life....I told her, you have made choices that have led you here....Now choose Jesus and choose hope, choose life, choose peace...accept His Love and ask for forgiveness!  I led her to the Lord as we prayed the sinners prayer and gave her the materials.....I prayed for her that God would show up big time in her life today.  (You say a prayer too!)

I gave out a lot of Bibles today....and it only one person said he was Muslim, and didn't accept.

One guy who was sitting on the steps of my father's barbershop saw me coming towards him and said, "I don't want to hear nothing."  I handed him a booklet, "He Did This Just For You" by Max Lucado....I smiled at him and said, "Is that what you plan on telling God after you die and you're standing face to face trembling?"  He said "I, I, I...."  I said, "That's what I thought...I'm just trying to save your life so you will have peace on that day." (Pray that Jesus destroys the yoke of bondage in his life.)

 I get so mad at the devil for deceiving people who look like they've got one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel...and they think they are ok!  Meanwhile one bad cold could take them out!  The Bible is right to call him a thief!  He destroys, steals and ultimately kills....but I'm determined that they won't go without hearing the gospel that will set them free!

Connie and I are getting one of the guys we minister to off the back porch and into a tent with a cot and pillow and sheets and blanket.  He was so drunk today but he promised Connie he wouldn't drink anymore today....I hope he sobers up so he can learn to put this tent up and take it down.  It's amazing how he sees me and he's so happy....there was a time when he would see me and start complaining as I would talk to him about a God that he thought could care less about him.  Thank God that as Connie and I show him kindness, he sees that God really does love him.  It's amazing to him!  :-)

Jesus is coming real soon!  Just look!  The Signs are everywhere!  And as wonderful as it is to celebrate Jesus with our peers and enjoy the love within our churches...it should not be our priority in comparison to the lost sheep outside of the fold....we shouldn't be able to rest if we aren't doing all we can to win souls!  That's everyone's ministry, not just my calling, it's the Great Commission.

I'm studying the "Coming Kingdom of Christ"  and it's putting within me an urgency to share the gospel.  To pray that each Bible that I give out becomes life in their hands.  In Jesus Name!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!