Saturday, September 12, 2015

God told me to pray longer before I went in the streets.....

This evening I sat in my car for quite a while praying in the Spirit.  The Lord was impressing upon me to go out on the streets more equipped to do battle in the Spirit realm.  I didn't know what was in store for me, but I always anticipate some kind of resistance to the gospel.  There are a lot of Muslims, people getting high or drunk and those are just some of the walls that need to be scaled to reach them with the gospel.

OLIVE STREET:  There was a particular young man who when he would see me, he would quietly move away so I couldn't approach him.  I had spoken to him before and told him that God wanted to do great things in his life.  But tonight as I sat in my car, I focused on praying for him and the Lord told me that when I see him, to give him my card...and tell him that God has great things planned for him as I told him but he would hit a brick wall as the devil would try to destroy him before God rescues him.  I told him to call me at anytime day or night and I would pray him out of the situation.  God would send angels to fight for him.  He said to me, "I will, and I won't forget what you said."  I love that young man...God is going to deliver him!!!!  I can't wait to blog about it when it happens!!!

I went across the street on EAST BROADWAY and saw a guy I graduated from high school with...he and I walked down the aisle together!  He was so drunk, a guy was trying to hold him up and when I saw him I asked him what in the world was going on with him!!!  He told me he remembered me, I reminded him that once I tried to share Jesus with him and he told me to get away from him.  Well he was nice and sauced up and said, "Go ahead, tell me everything, I'm listening!"  So I said, "In the Name Of Jesus Christ, You will remember everything I'm telling you!"  And I gave him the gospel..he cried and nose running and cried some more....The guys on the corner with him saw him and I told them I graduated high school with him....and they refused to believe it!  I also told them that when I tried to tell him about Jesus when he was sober, he was rude to me.  They jumped on his case about that and they all listened to what I had to say.  The guy that was trying to help the drunk said, "I can't be holding him up!  I had a stroke two months ago!"  I looked at him, "You did!?!  Well I can't tell!!!  Who brought you out of that stroke?"  He said, "God did"  I said, "Did you thank Him for it?" He said, "I did!"  I told him, "You need to give your life to Jesus NOW!"

Our homeless "Tent" guy was drinking moonshine and fell and boy did he mess his face up!!!  (I'm bringing him Neosporin tomorrow) Connie gave him a good loving talking to and so did I.  He just smiles at all the love and attention he's getting.  But when he said that God probably didn't care....I stopped and said, "You tell God you're sorry!  Connie feeds you, I put a tent over your head and we're both trying to get you into rehab but you're not ready!!!  So tell God you're sorry because He is showing you love and care all the time!"  He raised his hands to heaven and said, "I'm sorry God and Jesus!"  I love that guy!! :-)

I passed out some Bibles, women's 1 minute devotionals, and other things and prayed in the Spirit as I drove so I could cover more territory.  I came across some young men who told me they were Muslim and couldn't accept the booklet, "He Did This Just For You" by Max Lucado.  They were very polite in their refusal and so I said, "Can you take it just in case I'm right?" :-)  They took the booklets!  Praise God for that!!!

Pray for the one young man who refused a Bible, telling me he is Muslim and said he couldn't accept it.  I told him I would pray for him and he said, "Please do that!"  So please pray for this young man...He really needs Jesus.  I see the devil is trying to kill that young man.  So please pray for him.  God knows who he is.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!