Saturday, September 19, 2015

God Is At Work!

Today the Salem Rams Football team beat Glassboro, (New Jersey) 24-14!  It's been a while since the Salem Rams beat them but this year the team is making a name for themselves in two short games!
Congratulations Salem Rams, and to my grandson, Zaire who plays on the team!  Salem loves football and it's a great place to sit quietly and pray for the precious people who live in Salem.

Tonight I started on Union St.....I had a few conversations with some elderly gentlemen....my heart really breaks for them because although we do not know when any of us will leave this earth, these men have been drinking for years and sitting around with all kinds of  abandoned talents, abilities and forgotten dreams and goals as they just exist from day to day.  They took Bibles from me and when I told them I was my Dad's daughter they said, "I'm gonna get over there!  You're going to see me there soon."  I thanked them for talking with me and continued on down the street.

There were some younger men sitting on a step and one gave me the coldest stare and said, "I'm alright." when I tried to give him the book He Did This Just For You.  His look was so hard and cold that I could imagine that if someone who was not really sure about evangelizing in the streets, that cold stare would have sent them home.  But God called me....there is no fear.
I told him "Well, I'm alright too and I need God and so do you!"  He took the book...YES God deal with him through this book in Jesus' Name!!!  His friend tried that too...but I just held the book out until he took it.  I prayed that the words become life in their spirits.
 I gave one young man a book and he opened it and began to read it immediately.  He was very polite....sometimes the harvest is so ripe they just need someone to give them a little nudge towards God.

Olive Street Was Quiet!!!  I went to Olive Street geared up praying in the Spirit, looking for a spiritual fight but it was quiet!  I saw a few people and gave out booklets, 199 Promises of God.  One guy saw me and immediately said, "You're gonna see me there in church.  I'm gonna get there."  I knew him so I responded, "I hope when you come they aren't carrying you in."  He laughed, "Oh I will be there before then!"  He knows he is gambling everyday with his soul, because I told him so.

I spoke to a woman who told me her story and I just felt love for her as she talked to me about her struggles.  But she believes God is calling her back to him.  I know He is, because people can't say that or come to Him unless He draws them.  I Praise God!! He Is At Work!!

Overall God is at Work because Olive St was quiet for a Saturday night!

Prayer Works!!!

I praise God for his ministry.  I'm right where I should be, doing just what He called me to do and if I said it one hundred times, I will say it one hundred and one...God Is At Work in Salem, and He Loves This Town!!!

Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!