Saturday, August 22, 2015

Soul Saving Center Street Journal 8/22/2015 Part 2

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."  Matthew 19:14


Carpenter Street:  So much going on there....A lot of people needing Jesus....It broke my heart.

Tonight I got a chance to hold some babies and pray over their lives....the babies of young mothers....some were very childish themselves...even to the point where I walked away after feeling I couldn't get through to one of them.....But as I walked down the street, it was like I could see a score board....and the devil got an extra point....NO WAY!!!  I turned around and went back.  The one that was giving me the most resistance then came up with the story that she was Muslim.  I told her I have been to countries where the majority of the people are Muslim.  (She had no idea what or where Bosnia is)...I talked to her about what she supposedly believed in and how it cannot stand up to the truth that Jesus is the only one who can make sense out of her life...and I knew that she had a lot of fears....she quieted down and I asked her to let me pray for her....she said are you going to pray to Allah? I said, "No, I'm going to pray to the One who can set you Free, Jesus Christ!"  Surprisingly enough she allowed me to pray for her....and I pulled down strongholds in her life in Jesus Name!

I walked up to a car where some young guys were listening to music.....I asked them if they were original Trax and they told me no but they were musicians!  (Thank you Lord for that ice breaker!)  We had a chat about music and their dreams and I told them a little about me and sang to them....they were very impressed....I invited them to church but I left them thinking about how much further they can go in life if they give their lives to Jesus!

I walked up on a big group of people and singled one out, talked to her and then asked if I could sing to her....I sang and the whole group listened....I then told them they just heard a whole sermon in song..."Jesus Is The Answer".  I sang the whole song....that's a whole sermon!

Olive Street:  I walked up on a confrontation between two guys....But the one who was the most angry was respectful when he saw me....(I've spoken to him before)  I waited until it quieted down and most of the guys walked away to finish the intense conversation....but one guy stayed put.  He was the one the Lord wanted me to minister to tonight.....and he listened intently and told me he wasn't always hanging out here...he had promise all over him...I could see something in him that told me that he needed to start reconsidering his lifestyle...because God has plans for this young man.....It was a great encounter!


I walked further down Olive St. and there were a group of guys who told me they were in the "devil's lair"  I'm like, "Yeah, well here I come, Jesus living on the inside....angels all around me and the demons are shaking in their boots!  :-)  They all stopped and listened as I shared the truth of the devil's plan verses God's Plan....they were attentive and before I knew it, my voice was quite loud and I was focusing on the fact that this existence is not what God intends for them....It's nothing compared to the Life that can be their's through Jesus Christ!  I talked about the end of a sinful life and the consequences.....they heard me!  I talked them about the abundant life through Jesus and how every good thing in them came from God.....and they were made for good things!  But they'll never achieve these great things until they give their hearts to Jesus.

************************************************************************************************************
I share all of this so that people will pray for Salem....and for the ministry....but also because it encourages me to record my encounters because this ministry is not easy.  Although I love it, The simplicity of the gospel is hid to them that are lost and it's a battlefield that requires a lot of intense prayer and asking God for wisdom and help every step of the way....I feel like my ministry is actually worthwhile when I read what happened.  And if I can show those who read my blog and follow the Soul Saving Center Street Journal how to be a witness for Jesus....how to answer as the Lord leads, how to respond to people who are of a different religion then this blog is not in vain! ...

Remember, Jesus is the truth, the Light and the Way!"  That's what you have on your side....the Truth...that will make men and women free!

It was a good night in the vineyard!  Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!