Saturday, August 22, 2015

Soul Saving Center Street Journal Part 1 8/22/2015

This morning turned out to be quite fruitful in terms of the Kingdom!

Well, it really started this week.... a dear friend and Sister in the Lord, (I'm just going to mention her name and if she objects, I will delete it)  But Connie Call Grepo has been feeding the two gentlemen who lay under the tree on Soul Saving Center's property.  She has been doing this for a few weeks now and has a burden to really help them. But the best part of all of this is that she is a mighty prayer warrior!  She supports Soul Saving Center and she has been a great encouragement to me as I see her being used by God to show kindness and share the gospel with the type of people that many would bypass and turn up their noses!   Go for Jesus and for the Kingdom of Heaven Connie!!!

Connie called me this morning (right after my blueberry pancakes) to let me know that one of the men we have been ministering to was hanging out at his usual spot.  She had already spoken with him and so I went to talk to him as he hung out on Broadway.  He said he has been offered a job!  He couldn't believe it!  He will be painting for a few weeks.  I asked him if he could handle climbing ladders and staying sober...he said, "I don't drink when I work!"  He was so happy!  And after his job is finished, he wants to go into rehab.

I've been talking to so many agencies to get help for him this week....and it has been one referral number after another!  No agency was available to just take him in....BUT...what I love about this whole thing, is that he felt that God really didn't care about him and I reminded him that he's been fed under a tree by Connie, I'm hooking him up with services and some other lady helped him get work!  He's been so polite and not at all the cynical guy I first encountered in the streets.
 I told him, "I told you Jesus Loves You!!!!"  He answered, "I guess so..."

After talking to him I went to some guys down the street on Broadway having beer for breakfast.  I've spoken to one of them before and the other told me how my Dad used to really talk to him about his soul.  The other guy remembered my Dad picking him up along with the rest of the kids in the big blue bus.  We talked about how they are still alive after all of the abuse they've done to their bodies and how people around them have gone on, but they are here.  I asked each of them why did they think they were still here....Their answer made me smile!!!  :-)

They realized that God was giving them time to come to him.  The one guy told me how God was waiting for him.....and the other guy knew Bible verses and stories and I just looked at him and got mad at the devil for blinding him to the life he could be living accepting Jesus! (That just makes me dig in more when I'm sharing the gospel of Jesus!)   The devil is a deceiver but Jesus is the Deliverer!

I told them how my Dad got saved in his car.  They were shocked!  They thought he got saved in church....At the end of our conversation they were telling each other in no uncertain terms that they were coming to church tomorrow and they looked at each other like...."You're coming with me!"  I loved it and then prayed and put angels on guard to prevent the devil from putting any obstacles in their way.

Across the street there were some young men, one of whom told me he was the grandson of a pastor.  I knew his grandfather, and he proceeded to tell me (with hazy eyes early in the morning)  that what I was explaining to him ,he was 3 or 4 steps ahead of me....I responded that knowing about Jesus and living for the devil is like not knowing about Jesus at all....there are parts of your life that you allow the devil to control...and so he has full control....It's all Jesus or all the devil...no part time Salvation.  I love the young men that I meet on the streets....all they need is Jesus!

Next I met our precious young lady who gave her heart to the Lord at church a few weeks ago.  She still comes to church and she is so blessed.....Pray that she is able to move forward in her life and that I can help her get her credentials in order so that she can have a better life....a part from the system.....Pray that her faith in God stays strong so that God can do exceedingly abundantly above all she could ever ask or think!  In Jesus Name!

Going back out in the streets this early evening!   God is at Work in Salem, NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!