Saturday, August 1, 2015

...But God sent me to pull you in the other direction!

Soul Saving Center Street Journal 8-1-2015

Tonight the streets were flooded with young people.....hanging out because the temperature cooled down.  It was a good night to share Jesus and invite them to church.  Some saw me and asked for a song...."O Happy Day"  The guys shooting craps stopped to listen.  And tonight there was absolutely NO resistance to the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I kept it short but so many of them have seen me in the streets I just remind them that the devil is pulling you downward to death, but God sent me to pull you in the other direction!  To Life more abundantly!

The girls are the most resistant on any night but tonight they too listened when I reminded them that they have God given gifts and abilities....But they will never realize them until they give their lives to Jesus!  They were all hanging out sitting on a church on Walnut St and someone from the church drove up in their van.  He looked at me like he didn't understand why I was doing what I was doing....Hopefully he will encourage his church to minister to the young people that congregate in that area.  The harvest is right there!  That would be awesome!

The older men....they break my heart.  A guy who knew me back in High School happened to see me sitting with the two guys under the tree on Soul Saving Center's Property.  He said, "I knew you were giving them the Word."  and he himself was so drunk he could barely get it the words out.  I was more blunt with him and other's his age who I have spoken to over and over again about their lives....and not only me.....My Father also talked to them about their souls....Tonight I was a reminder that God isn't letting up on them....they still have breath so they still have hope.

Tonight the message was to remind them that God is pulling them in another direction because He Loves Them!  I must have said that 100 times tonight.

Oh How He Loves You and Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!