Thursday, November 19, 2015

It's All Because He Loves Us!

Yesterday I went on a prayer walk and passed out tracts. When I'm drawn to someone while walking, It's clear that God is directing my footsteps. This is what happened yesterday as I walked towards Anderson Drive....I saw two women sitting on a bench engaged in conversation and my heart was drawn to them. I gave them a tract and shared the gospel with them. God just wanted them to know how much He really loved them. He wanted them to hear why He wakes them up, why He spared their lives and why He is keeping them today, why He sent His Son and why they are searching for satisfaction but never finding it....What they are looking for is "Real Love" Love that comes from Jesus. God was really demonstrating His love for them as I spoke softly to them. They were so receptive as I shared Jesus with them and invited them to church. I praise God for allowing me to meet these two women....they need my Jesus and He wants to rescue their lives from sin because He Loves Them! I told them that! Walking away I pondered in my heart how God had me speak in such a warm and quiet manner to them. When I'm ministering to the "tough street element" I sometimes remind myself of my Dad who would sometimes proclaim what God told him to say straight up and raw. "It's appointed once for a man to die, and after death comes judgement...YOU WILL MEET GOD and You will answer to Him for rejecting His Son Jesus! These women faces seemed hardened by a lifetime of hard living, but God had me approach them in a much softer way. God is teaching me that I must be sensitive to His voice and listen for instruction in how to approach people. Sometimes He sends the gospel in the form of fire and sometimes it's a quiet conversation. He showed me that He knows each and every person because "All Souls Are Mine." ( Ezekiel 18: 4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.) That verse alone drives me to share the gospel. I praise God for their receptiveness to the gospel. And for everyone who took a tract yesterday! And I thank God for more on the job training in approaching people. Continuing on my walk I praised God. I realize that He urges me on because He loves these people of Salem...He's at work here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!