Friday, July 10, 2015

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

SOUL SAVING CENTER STREET JOURNAL                                                            7/9/2015


Walking up to a group of young men rolling dice up against the side of a house...."Should I stay or Should I go?"  That's the jingle that popped up in my head....how do you disrupt a group of guys, yelling cursing grasping money in their fists and here I come interrupting their flow....


                                                        ON THE JOB TRAINING

Sometimes this street evangelism that I was called to is like God giving moment by moment instructions and I don't know what to do until I'm out there in the middle of it all,....doing it.....make sense????

Wesley Street:  Tonight I walked up to the guys, I stayed on the outside of their game and handed them Church Invite cards.  I ran out of bracelets, in my pouch....but I shared a little while they were playing their game...."Should I stay or Should I go???"  I heard in my spirit, "Sing, the anointing is on your voice...."  Their music was playing on someone's phone on someone's body....a car came by, music blasting...."Should I stay or should I go?"   I kept on singing...and wondering if I was wasting my time, this time....but in my spirit I heard, "Keep singing, their spirits are crying out for me, their spirits are crying out for help!"   Then the jingle left my head and I knew that I should stay.  I spoke to them with authority and love.  God taught me right then and there....."Man looks at the Outward Appearance, but God looks at the Heart!"  Yes He Does....He knew I should stay regardless of how it seemed I was being ignored.....Wow!  God is teaching me so much!  I had to go to SSC and bow before Him and thank Him....I even went back to them!  I went to my car and got more bracelets and gave them their color of preference....and each word on the bracelet was accompanied by a sentence especially for them.  Thank you Lord for the lessons you teach me as I work for you.

Johnson Street....Coming outside of Soul Saving Center, I saw three young ladies....I invited them to church and got a chance to sing happy birthday to one of them, today is her birthday!  I shared the gospel and gave them bracelets.....they seemed uncomfortable because of the way they were dressed....but the Love of Jesus was stronger and they were very receptive and I hugged each one before I left them.

Olive Street:  It's amazing how the devil works in clusters of young men around the different neighborhoods.....and it's amazing how I feel the evil when I approach them, but when I start ministering and when I leave I feel Jesus' at work....angels holding back the forces of evil, I feel no demonic activity at all!..The guys were smoking their stuff....they are intent in what they are doing...and there I was sharing God's plan for their lives and smiling and showing them love and no fear.....NO FEAR....ONLY LOVE.
The young men listened to me....they accepted what I gave them, They even let me sing to them....the young women were equally receptive.

Broadway:  I meant several young women with children....all receptive to the gospel and one young lady in particular....sadness all over her.....just sadness......I talked to her about my life and how Jesus can change her life and give her peace and love because He is greater than anything that is holding her hostage....He's God and demons recognize!!!  I prayed for her tonight....you pray too.

And there were other encounters....these are a few that stand out in my mind.....pray for Salem!

And a Special Shout Out To Officer Hogate!!!  He parked on Wesley Street when the guys were shooting craps and carrying on.....when he pulled up they dispersed but I had ministered to them already.  I got out of my car and went to his patrol truck and introduced myself and gave him a Church Invitation Card....and a bracelet.  He encouraged me!!! He said, one person at a time, one conversation at a time, one day at a time....and don't give up!  Wow!!! Thank you Lord for Officer Hogate!  Keep him safe and bless Him as he patrols Salem with extra strong angels!

He said he knew my Dad and that he was a very special and great man!  He was so glad that we were here in Salem and said he was going to hang the card up in the precinct.  :-)

I worship my Lord and Savior because He is moving and He is teaching me....and I praise Him for choosing me to be in His service....On The Job Training.  #THEYDON'TTEACHYOUTHISINBIBLECOLLEGE!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!