Saturday, June 18, 2016

My Father's Legacy in action....



Fathers Day is tomorrow... my Dad is in heaven and this is the 2nd Fathers Day without him but I thank GOD because the Lord has been a father to the fatherless and that's me....I went out in the street with this thought in my head...."God is my Father, but If God isn't your father, then the devil is your father and he does not love you!  I had to communicate how much God loves them....that was my message in the streets tonight.


Tonight I started on Chestnut street talking to my cousin.  His 3 year old grandson was hit by a car yesterday but he will be fine, thank God.  As we talked I listened to how he interacts with the kids he's coached, the kids in his neighborhood, the parents of those kids and what comes out of him is the love and wisdom my Dad instilled in him.  He's like my Brother/Cousin...My "Brosin" and was raised with me and my sister for most of his life.  We talked about how Daddy influenced us both and how we have found ourselves on a path that we never imagined...the way he influences the youth in Salem, and me Pastoring Soul Saving Center.....Daddy is living on in us and many more everyday.

After I left my Brosin I headed to Olive St....a lot of young men hang out there and claim to be Muslim. Tonight I really felt drawn to them, although many times they tell me they do not want a tract, or walk away....sometimes they listen....especially when I pray and ask God to hold them there.....well tonight they stayed and one of them mentioned the fact that my Dad started a Boxing program with his Dad....and I mentioned that there was a particular Boxer who went pro under my Dad's guidance and he actually lived with my sister in Atlantic City for a while....someone pointed his son out to me.  I looked at him and told him, "I'm your Aunt!  Your Dad is like my brother!"  He was Muslim but got up and hugged me.  From then on it was easy to pass out tracts to everyone!

I saw a guy on a bike and I gave him a tract and introduced myself.  He said, "You don't know who I am, do you...." No I didn't.....he told me who he was and I couldn't really place him but he began to tell me how badly he was doing, how he needed to change, how he needed something, how he was going down and he needed to talk to me.  He said he was coming to church because he really needed something....I assured him that Jesus is drawing him....and Jesus can change his life for good!

Thank you Daddy for those open doors!

I gave out tracts to everyone hanging out and there were a lot of young men hanging out there.

Next I headed down Broadway and saw a group of young women sitting outside....one of them knew me and when another one realized I was my Dad's daughter she was so glad to meet me!  She knew of my Dad and talked about him in glowing terms....remembering the kind of man he was.  Talking about my Daddy made it easy to smile and reminisce on the way my Dad helped everyone....

Thank you Daddy, your legacy opened that door too!

I then went down Union St and handed out some tracts....some young men greeted me because they know me....and I felt the Lord leading me to Glen Meadows.  But on the way there....

I saw a guy on Magnolia St and I stopped and asked him when I was going to see him in church.  He looked at me and said, "I'm doing so bad, I need a change, I need something....but I don't want people to judge me because I don't have good clothes to wear.  He was in rough shape and he told me that he didn't want me to judge him.  I told him my Dad would never judge him and neither would I.  He began talking about how he loved my Dad and said,  "I believe you and I need to change..."  He sounded desperate, just like the guy on the bike on Olive St.

I went on to Glen Meadow and as I turned in to the street, I saw no one out there so I followed the road around and still saw no one.  Of course I began to pray and ask the Lord for direction and then I saw 3 people sitting on a lawn....drinking and looking like they were waiting for me....in the spirit realm, they were.

I got out of the car and walked up to them....two men and a woman.  I struck up a conversation with them and one of them mentioned that I didn't seem afraid to approach them.  That lead to me being able to tell them that this truth that I am sharing with them is based on love and there is no fear in love.  I talked to them about my Dad and they knew who he was.  One of them even knew who my Uncle is...my Daddy's brother.

One of them shared with me his background with people who claimed to be Christians and were frauds, hypocrites.  They began to talk about how real my Dad was, how real they know that I am...and I began to share my parent's testimony with them, how Jesus invaded our household when I was 6 years old!

It was a great meeting and the woman has been to Soul Saving Center and said she would be coming back.

Oh the field was ready to harvest tonight and the Lord used the legacy of my Dad tonight reach people that I believe I could not have reached on my own.

Happy Fathers Day in Heaven Daddy....

I'm wearing your mantel and God is at work.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!