Saturday, April 23, 2016

Useful even in the valley....Praise God!

Today  I was so blessed by the awesome choir from Fight For Families Fellowship under the direction of my beautifully talented cousin Kandi.  The choir was wonderful and the altar service was evidence that Jesus was lifted up....The Lord really moved at Mt. Hope Church in Salem, NJ today.

So afterwards I knew I had to go out in the streets.....I'm so overwhelmed right now because I haven't shared how I've been really feeling with anyone and I could have called any number of Pastors, Spiritual Fathers and friends....but I knew I was in this valley experience and I was just passing through.

With the gas leak at the church that has been fixed and needing a new heating system, all of this has  had an affect on my ministry activity in the streets.  And I'm going to be honest....I felt as if I was not very effective in ministry because I couldn't even have church for about a month....I didn't doubt my calling....God has done too much already for me to even consider that God didn't call me to the ministry....I know that I wear my father's mantel.  I also wear the mantel of ministry God has already placed in me....still I felt like I was just not holding up my end in the vineyard.  Simply put, I was questioning my effectiveness.

 That lasted for all of 4 seconds before I realized it was all the devil....I told him what bus to get on and what stop to get off on in Jesus' Name!   It's just a walk through the valley....His rod and staff are comforting me.  With great assurance I know that.

So back to the streets.....

A girl came up to me on Union St and wrapped her arms around me and said, "Don't act like you don't know who I am!"  I didn't have a clue but it turned out I knew her family.   There was a lot of drug use going on around...and she seemed to be a part of it all.  I talked to the guys first and invited them to church....but the Lord told me to sing to this young lady and her friend....I sang....The Lord said, "They won't forget this."  Sometimes a song is more powerful....and this time it was.

I ventured around the lower end of Olive St. and so many young people were hanging out.  I invited the group to church and of course I hear "I'm Muslim"  so I answer...."And I've been to your Mosques, I've been to Muslim Countries.....If we are all loved by God why so closed?"  He had no answer other than "I'm not into that."  I prayed for him. I ran into a young man that was blitzed out of his mind but God had given me a Word for him a while back and I told him he had promise on his life and he would be saved.  I asked him to take my hand.  I just said, "Confirm your promise to this young man in Jesus' name."  He said, "I'm Muslim" and withdrew his hand from mine.  I said, "I don't care what you are....Jesus is going to save you!"  And I walked away.

God was showing me that He is with me and for me to carry on....cause He would draw all men unto Himself!  I kept thanking God and praising Him in between encounters!

Further up the street on Olive I ran into a pack of young men and women.  I began to talk to them and the preacher rose up and I found myself really speaking things I had no intention of saying.  When I said that drugs are as the sin of witchcraft....They manipulate the mind so that you cannot even think about the gifts, goals and plans you really want for your life.  A young man stopped me and asked why did I say that, Marijuana wasn't wrong in his eyes.....and so we got into a conversation....it was deep, and God was in control of the conversation.   He gave me wisdom as to how to answer every question....They bought up the hypocrites in the church.... And why can't they believe in God and not go to church.

And finally I asked them, when was the last time you had a conversation like this....They said, "Never, really"  I said, "Well, isn't it evident that I was sent here to you by God because of His great love for you?"

They agreed....

I may go through another valley experience, it's okay....I came home hyped about what God has done....

I know He is faithful....He sees what the needs are....He will tend to His church!

As far as me.....I won't grow weary in well doing...because in due season I shall reap if I faint not!

I got it Lord, I got it....

Blessings!  Pray for Salem!  God is in Love with the people here!!!

And worship God while in the valley!  He's Abba....our Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!