Friday, April 1, 2016

Keeping the Message Alive in Their Hearts

Yesterday our tent dweller and I Cleaned the stairwell of the church,  removing the tent and beer bottles out.   He hugged me and thanked Connie and me for caring about him throughout the winter months.   He asked if he could hug me...He is much kinder man since the first time I met him and I told him what I always tell him.... God has a real life waiting for you,  just come to Jesus and give him your life!  He listened intently.   He was very apologetic about the beer bottles and really helped me clean up!!   Nearby some guys were hanging out and looking like they were one drink away from the grave.   I talked to them about my Dad a bit..... They knew him and his message still rang true in their ears.... I know this because of how they responded to me.   My Dad told everybody about Jesus.    I think about the messages so many have received here.... The god of this world has blinded their minds so they cannot receive this glorious gospel.... But in the Book of Mark,  Jesus told the parable  of the Sower.... Seeds fall everywhere.... I just have to keep sowing the seeds....,  there will be a harvest!!!   The message.... The Good News is still alive and powerful!!!
There is so much work to do in Salem among people like these men.... I'm so glad I'm studying the book of Mark.... It's a thorough education on the teachings of Jesus.   Thank God for His Word!  Thank God for a heart and mind to share Jesus with the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!