Saturday, January 9, 2016

Seeds and The Prodigal Sons....

This early evening was a beautiful time to walk through Salem.  I got to share the gospel with some very special people....Young men that God is married to....Backsliders....Prodigal Sons....

I realized while I was walking and praying before I encountered anyone that God was going to get the glory out of my time in the streets....I just knew it but I didn't know what He was going to do...I just asked Him to lead me as I walked....

I started out on Union St and talked to some young guys about a New Start in Jesus....If any man be in Christ Jesus He is a New Creation...the hugs, the Word....All good stuff!   Praise God!!!


I did the same thing on Olive St and walked down Broadway when I encountered my first young Prodigal who agreed with everything I said and was mouthing some of the Scriptures I was quoting....He knew the Word....He knew the truth but he was not Free.....The  Lord was ministering to him as I shared the Love of Jesus and how precious he is to the Lord.  I invited him to church and left him there remembering that God loved him....God had not forgotten him....

I encountered so many more people on the streets...all receptive to this glorious gospel of Jesus Christ!
The next group of young boys were hanging out on Walnut St and they were hanging out like they were practicing to be the "dudes on the corner."  I shared with them the greatness that God put in them...and that they will be all they can be and more once they give their lives to Jesus because He has great plans for their lives....It was a good talk and I invited them to church.

But when I turned the corner onto Wesley St there was another Prodigal Son....I didn't know who he was but he knew me.  He told me that he used to walk with Jesus but he left God.  He didn't even want to say the words, "I left God"  It was like it was something he didn't want to hear himself say.   He asked me to give him time....I told him, "Now you know I have no control over how much time you have..."  I walked and talked with him a little further and told him not to wait too long because Jesus is coming so very soon!

I turned up Olive Street again...which I don't normally do, if I hit a street, I go another way...but I got to the corner of Olive and Broadway and had a conversation with woman and a man that really needed to hear the gospel.  I gave them the Word in Love and they knew what I was saying was true.  They grew up in church....someone had planted the seeds already.....I happened along to water....God will give the increase.

I got by the Liquor store a few feet away and in a car were sitting two guys....they were brothers...someone had just left their car and they were cursing and carrying on...still the Lord had me walk up to the car....the brothers knew me and I knew them....I knew that they knew the Word of God I remembered them when we were all much younger singing in church and worshiping God.  They knew me too and after the ruckus that took place just before I approached their car, they looked like they weren't ready to hear about Jesus.....But I talked to them and told them it was time to get out of that life....I said you know the truth and you living a life that you know God did not call you to live....I reminded them that Jesus was coming....SOON!  They nodded and told me they knew what I was saying was true and I continued to give them the Word....It was amazing how quiet and attentive they were.  It was if the Holy Spirit was holding them captive as I shared Jesus with them....They avoid everything "Jesus" so as not to be reminded of who they are....Backsliders who God is married to....but it was beautiful....the whole scene...in front of the Liquor Store....Jesus being high and lifted up....the devil kept at bay...and the situation just before I got there with the cursing and carrying on....it was as if it never happened. God is so amazing!

I continued to walk, headed home and I encountered another Prodigal Son....I talked to him and he recognized me.....I talked to him about his soul and there was another agreeing with every word...someone had planted a seed....I was watering....

So many seeds have been sown in this town called Peace....So many Prodigal Sons....So much Love the Father has for them all.....Thank you God for this Saturday evening!  It was Fruitful!!!  God Loves Salem, NJ and He is at work here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!