Saturday, September 10, 2016

"I Will Save Your Children"

Today I hit the streets with one thought in my mind....Every young man I have shared the gospel with from the time I started in the streets until today, I am a Spiritual mom to them praying and preaching the gospel to them without ceasing, without fear....

Losing my Son Irvin Christopher Kornegay at the age of 32 has been the hardest most heartbreaking ordeal I have ever faced in my lifetime.  Today I was alone in the house and I just wailed, cried and prayed for God to send comfort....it was a hard day but the Lord wanted me to hit the streets tonight and so I did.  It did me a lot of good to be out there....I just wanted to hug them all.

I drove around Salem praying about where to stop, the young men are out there....I approached them and of course some began to scatter but I asked them to come back.  They did....

I talked to them about life being so precious, about hearing that everyone in Salem having a gun, about God's love for them demands a response from them.  I seemed to have run into young men who had people in their families who knew Jesus.  They responded with shaking their heads because they knew I was speaking the truth to them....No opposition from any so-called Muslims tonight.  (They are not adhering to the life of a Muslim because the true Muslims I know live much healthier lifestyles)
.
But the best thing that happened tonight for me is that God reminded me of the Scripture He gave to me a few years ago....Isaiah 49:25, "I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save."  I let them know that they were my Spiritual Children because I pray for them all of the time.  Some of them have mother's on drugs and have had no real love in their lives....the streets are all they know.  But I told them that I am praying for them and have been praying for them, that I love them, and that God has given me a promise that isn't just for my biological sons....but for them as well.

They received my words with such respect and acceptance.  I almost cried right there.
God has given me many sons....He took my baby to heaven, but as my friend Sara White reminded me, Christopher is God's son....He took His son back home....And I will see him again.
And now I have many sons that I am holding up in the throne room....God will save many of them that believe!

I was all over Salem tonight talking to young men and I got the same warm response.  I don't care how many have guns, getting high, stealing, robbing or killing....God said this and I'm standing on it.!  "I will contend with those that contend with you and your children I will save."

I'm claiming this Scripture for the young men in Salem.  They are beautiful young men who are destroying their bodies and their lives....but God will save them!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!