Saturday, August 30, 2014

SSC STREET JOURNAL 8/30/14

The Holy Spirit is a Teacher and the Word of God is alive and working in the hearts of men and women. I have to stay on my knees and in the Word. There is serious accountability to God on my part.

7th St and Hubel Ave: Passed out Invitation cards to come to church and shared a short message of the gospel. Someone told me they heard about church last Sunday. They ...were very receptive to the gospel. I praise God!
Walnut St: The young girl with the face that troubled my heart was sitting and wouldn't accept an invitation card because she said I gave her one last week. I told her I was hoping to see her, and that I have been praying for her. Her friends said she needed prayer badly! Last week, different friends said the same thing....After a short talk, she smiled at me and I complimented her on her smile....She said she would be coming to church in the year 1314....I told her that she would be a live and in hell in that year if she doesn't accept Jesus.

Union St: A group of young men....about 8 or 9 were sitting around and I gave them invitations to church. One had heard me sing in the streets and asked me to sing...He wanted to Hear "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" And they recorded me as I said....They kept saying
"This is Real" I said, "I could never tell you about the Power of Jesus to set you free, if He didn't set me free!" They too were receptive to the gospel.

Magnolia St: The good ole Horse Shoe Tournament where the drinking is the highpoint right after the Horse Shoe game itself. I got a hug from a Wino who remembered I prayed for him. I hurt for those people so badly....drinking their lives away and lost....I know God is waiting to heal their lives...Pray that they accept Him NOW.

Carpenter St: A huge crowd of guys...some Muslim and some remembered me. I invited them to church and one of the guys said, I'm Muslim but I told people to come! I invited him again....

Broadway: The Motor Lodge....that place hurts my spirit....I passed out invitations to church and I shared the gospel briefly with some of the young people.
I met a woman I had witnessed to a while back. I grew up with her and she knows the gospel but you would never know it looking at her. I approached her again and she said she was going through so much right now. Her husband is dying. She's in need of Salvation badly and allowed me to pray with her in the street.
I saw another Wino who I keep running into...I told him that he is running out of time and He needs to come to Jesus now....there is a reason he keeps seeing me. I think I scared him sober because he hugged me and said he was coming to church This Sunday.

This is the work the Lord called me to....please pray for this town....I am writing this with tears as I remember the faces...the lost faces with the glassy eyes....My God IS Mighty to Save! And He Will!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!