Saturday, October 31, 2015

Mandy

Me:  "Excuse me, may I please give you this?"
Mandy: "What is it?"
Catching up to her, "It's just something to read about God.  My name is Mikki, Just wondering....Do know about Jesus?"
Mandy, "I grew up in church."
Me: "You did?  So you know about Jesus loving you and dying on the cross for our sins?  And what's you're name?"
Mandy, "Mandy, And, Yes.  I know."
Me: "Well what happened?  Why don't you go to church anymore?"
Mandy, "It's a long story,  a lot happened to me."
Me: "And you lost your faith in God?"
Mandy:  "Yeah I did."
Me:  "When I was 6 years old Mandy, a family friend molested me.  I grew up feeling like something was wrong with me.  I was affected by what was done to me in so many ways.  It wasn't until I was 50 years old that God took the pain of the abuse, helped me to forgive, and set me free from it all.  I can't tell you why God let this happen to me, but He delivered me and set me free!"
Mandy:  "My father molested me all of my life."

Me:  "Oh Mandy, I'm sorry....I can't explain why God allowed this to happen to you but I can explain why the devil used your father and that man to abuse us as children...."

I explained God's Love and the devil's hatred for us....I talked to Mandy about the chains on her life as a result.  I invited her to church....

Me:  "Where were you on your way to?  I will walk with you."
Mandy: "I was on my way to a drug dealer's house to get my money for my rent."
Me:  "Mandy,  Jesus can set you free from all of this.  This is not the life God wants you to have.  He really loves you and just like He saved me, He will save you.  You still have faith because the Bible says God gave us all a measure of faith....Would you come to church tomorrow?"
Mandy:  "If my boyfriend let's me, I can come."

My heart broke in a thousand pieces as I tried not to cry in front of her.....

Me:  "Mandy, can I pray for you right here, right now?"
Mandy:  "Yes"

I prayed against everything....and I mean everything....from the drugs to the boyfriend to the pain of her childhood and her life....and sense of worthlessness......IN JESUS' NAME!

I walked with her a little ways and gave her a tract....

Leaving Mandy,  I could hardly walk....I prayed for her in the Spirit and I had to quickly stop pleading with God for her and thank Him for sending me to her to give her HOPE.   There were some guys up the street and I had to get my joy back so I could minister to them....and I did!  Praise God!

PLEASE  PLEASE PLEASE PUT MANDY ON YOUR PRAYER LIST AT YOUR CHURCH....ON YOUR PERSONAL PRAYER LIST/WALL/JOURNAL....JUST PRAY FOR HER....

If you were with me today....meeting Mandy would have broken your heart....

I walked away interceding in the Spirit for her....I believe God sent me to her....He's going to set her free!!!  He's going to save her!

I need you to pray with me!

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Irv Grip!